Thursday, February 5, 2009

From The Mouths Of Babes...

Please allow me a moment to brag about my oldest daughter.

I work a lot of nights and weekends, and my wife is great about bringing my kids to games. They not only enjoy watching and running around the gym, but she also wants to make sure that they don't go a day without seeing their dad.

The family came to the Jan. 31 doubleheader against Whitworth. Towards the end of the women's game, Whitworth's Alida Bower left the game with an apparent knee injury. Bower spent most of the men's game on the PAC's north bleachers, her leg elevated and iced.

My family left to go home with about 10 minutes left in the men's game (bed time, you know). On the way out, Sydney (my three-and-a-half year old) made a point of stopping and asking Alida if she was going to be okay. Sydney was genuinely concerned about if her knee was going to be alright.

As she often does, Sydney's heart put a smile on my face on a night when I needed it. It also reminds all of us of what is really important in these games that we play.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home